Friday, September 5, 2008

Bizarro World Soundbites

So during McCain's incredibly dull speech last night, which even from a partisan crowd got the most tepid response I've ever seen in a political speech, he bashed Obama about his health care plan. This is what Johnny Maverick (or "mavrick" as it was spelled by one of the genius delegates) said:

My health care plan will make it easier for more Americans to find and keep good health care insurance. His plan will force small businesses to cut jobs, reduce wages, and force families into a government run health care system where a bureaucrat stands between you and your doctor.

First off, there is the myth that Obama is proposing a single-payer universal health care system like they have in Canada, France, Great Britain and everywhere else in the industrialized world. If only that were true, I would be out pounding the pavement 16 hours a day for his campaign instead of just planning on taking 45 seconds to give him my vote.

But the real point of this is, who the hell in this country doesn't have a bureaucrat standing between them and their doctor? I just spent a whole day trying to find a pediatrician from the very narrow scope of a list that my wife's insurance company says are the only doctors I can use. I was also cut off from physical therapy for my back by the insurance people even though my doctor prescribed a longer program.

But John McCain doesn't have this problem. Do you know why?

BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN PROVIDED WITH GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE HIS ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE! *

That's why.


*Born into a Naval officer family, went to Naval Academy, became a Naval officer and then joined the Congress.

No comments: