Tuesday, November 4, 2008

For Your Results-Waiting Reading Pleasure

 
As I sit here, listening to some MSNBC reporter drone actually talking about the "Redskin Rule" in all seriousness, some dark recess of my consciousness is marveling at the difference in my outlook compared to four years ago.

Four years ago, I was performing in a political-horror-exploitation show, with the utmost confidence that the US population would not be foolish enough to fall for last minute Al Qaeda ploys, trumped up "flip-flopper" charges and jingoism 24/7 to re-elect the chimp in charge. It only took 10 minutes, after the last curtain call, for that confidence to be needled flat.

I don't think I could be more wary this year, which reminds me that it's been two paragraphs since I implored for you to vote. VOTE, PEOPLE! Then come back here and tell us of your experience.
---

There are not enough ways to keep track of voter fraud attempts, so it's bold for anyone to come out with an Election Protection Wiki; a valiant effort. Check in to keep an eye on local efforts, and, folks, if you see anything shady going on, please do not hesitate to report it.

States to keep an eye on: Virginia (with a specific eye on the Virginia Tech vote), Michigan, and, unsurprisingly, Florida.
---

With one of the reddest populations in the nation, only fractionally due to the massive evangelical mega-churches headquartered there, Colorado Springs can serve as a sort of bellwether city for the extreme-conservative movement. As one of the few national online publications that realizes this, Salon visited the Co.Spgs. over the weekend and found that the movement may be flagging, even within the state, for an undefined period of time.
---

More to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a DC boy, I am a fan...but I'll gladly give up this loss to the Steelers.