Friday, September 12, 2008

Palin Burnout

I've reached it, I'm done. I feel like I've been force-fed nothing but this woman for two solid weeks now. I am now protesting that enough is enough. If the interviews with ABC (here are War Room's transcripts from tonight's part 2) aren't enough to dispel the charm that's been cast over the country, well, I don't know what it would take.

It's not like the bad revelations about her time as a politician in Alaska have let up. Today alone we have Troopergate's main investigator looking to send out subpoenas (one of those being served: Palin's husband Todd); confirmation that Palin had a direct hand in making sure sexual assault victims payed for the related medical exams; and, finally, Alaskan Democrats saying that all of this sort of thing is just the beginning of the Palin rollercoaster ride.

Is it any wonder that I got suckered into believing that Cheney admitted his hots for the woman?

That would be the cherry on top of the sundae, really.

Knowing that Palin has the Republican base enthralled, though, I'm pretty much guaranteed to seeing this political banshee on a constant basis for the next two months. I'm just hoping that the parade of Palin misdeeds keeps rolling along with it.

In the meantime, who's got some Tums?

2 comments:

Abby said...

No shit. Man, will it ever end? At least Obama has stopped talking about her.

the beige one said...

Well, and I should be clear that I am sick of being fed her personality...Matters of policy is something different entirely, because those should be aired out.

Which, honestly, is all that I've seen Obama do with both McCain and Palin. What you seem to imply, Abbs, is that Obama's been talking about her family or summat, is that right? And, if so, you got examples? 'Cause I haven't seen it.